Sunday, January 2, 2011

When to Take a Break (or Quit) in Poker

I'll play poker pretty much any time there's a game to be played.  Recently however, I've come across several situations that should have caused me to take a break or quit for the day.  Over the past week, I've played nearly 20 hours of poker.  If I would have stopped in a couple of situations, I would have made a lot more money.  So, this is a list of situations that should make you consider taking a break or quitting for the day.

1.  When you're too tired.
2.  When you're hungry.
3.  When you've had too much to drink.
4.  When you're angry.
5.  When you've taken a bad beat and you're on tilt.
6.  When you're sick.
7.  When you're losing too much and feeling desperate.
8.  When one or more other players at the table seem to "have your number".
9.  When you're only still playing to get even with another player.
10. When everyone at the table seems to be begging you to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment