Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Finally Broke the Losing Streak

If you keep up with my blogs, you know that I've been dealing with weeks of overall losing.  I lost about 80% of my games over the last 2+ months during a time when I have been digging deep into a lot of poker books and working on my overall style of play.  Last weekend, all of that losing finally came to an end.

On Friday night, we played just 2 games, but I got 2nd place in one of the games.  I know that isn't a win, but considering that I was beaten only by Rob in that game, I viewed it as a success.  My game was good.  The next morning, I played in a 90-player full tilt poker tournament and got 2nd place there as well.  That was fun because I was knocking out more players that the other 2 guys who were among the chip leaders throughout the tournament.  I even eventually knocked out 1 of those guys at the final table.  By the time it was down to heads up action, I was a 6 to 1 chip underdog and all I could really do was play super-aggressive and hope for the best.  It was a good tournament though.

Finally, last night I was online playing Omaha Hi, while watching the NCAA national championship game, and ended up with 10 times more chips than I started with.  Incidentally, I have more "play" chips now than ever before.  So, that's cool.

Clearly, I'm looking for any little bit of positive that I can find leading up to my Vegas trip.  I'll take what I can get.  Whether it's for money or for fun, winning is way better than losing.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment