Sunday, August 1, 2010

Friday Night Poker - Quads, Quads, Quads

I play poker with 8 to 12 other guys every Friday night.  We play tournament style poker with low stakes of $10 per game, plus a $5 knockout.  I've never heard of a game that has gotten as many 4-of-a-kinds as ours has.  It seems to happen a couple of times each Friday.  This past Friday, Prescott got quad 3's and I got quad A's.  In fact, I've actually gotten quads lots of times.  I've had:

Quad A's 2 times
Quad J's once
Quad 8's (on the flop!)
Quad 2's once

And, that's all that I can remember, but at our table, there have probably been others.  As I mentioned in a previous post, I also got a Royal Flush (of clubs) twice in a single month.  Has that ever happened before to anyone else?  But, that's a little off-point.

On Friday, I had trip 6's and I knew I was up against a probable Ace high flush.  In a moment that I like to call "my stupid move of the night", I went all-in and got called by 2 players.  Honestly, I was blinded by the possibility of getting quads again (I said it was a stupid move).  On the outside, I knew I still had a chance at pairing another card on the board to get the "boat".  And you know what?  It happened.  I ended up with 6's and K's - a full house.  It was so freakin' lucky that I was actually embarrassed to have won the pot.  I knocked 2 guys out (including the Ace high flush - what a bad beat for him!) and won 2 $5 knockouts on my way to a decided game 2 victory.  My chip stack was so high that I was ashamed to keep winning. . . .

But at that point, it would have been an embarrassment to lose, so I won anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment