Saturday, July 17, 2010

What are the Odds of Getting a Royal Flush in Texas Holdem?

What exactly are the odds of getting a royal flush in Texas Holdem?  I read in several places that the odds are about 1 in 649,740.  So, that would mean that if you were to play 649,740 hands, you would get a Royal flush just once.  With those odds, my guess is that if you're reading this, you've probably never gotten a royal flush.

I play poker every Friday night with a group of guys.  Usually, there's anywhere from 7 to 10 guys that play.  I guess you can say that I've defied the odds when it comes to getting a Royal Flush because I've done it twice in the past month!  I'm no math whiz, but I'm guessing that nobody has figured out what the odds of hitting it twice in such a small window of time would be.  The first time I hit it, I stopped to take a picture with my cell phone (shown below).


As you can see, it's the 10 thru Ace of clubs.  So, are you ready for the really mind-blowing part of this story?  My 2nd Royal Flush was also the 10 thru Ace of Clubs.  I've been very lucky to say the least.

In the same game as my 1st Royal Flush, I flopped Quad 8's as well.  I can't make this stuff up.  Has anyone ever seen anything like this before because I think my luck has been 1 in 649,740,000,000,000.

No comments:

Post a Comment